There is a profound difference between hearing someone say, “you know what you should do...” and you saying, “I know exactly what I need to do.” Coaching focuses on drawing a client’s existing greatness out into action.
Coaching for Excellence
Individual coaching offers a dedicated time to explore ideas and express concerns in an “agenda-free” space – it’s like having a thinking partner. Through a skilled combination of active listening, thought-provoking questions, and examination of barriers and stuck-points, your coach can help you to develop a fresh perspective, identify exactly what you want and what holds you back, and make a plan to eliminate the barriers. Most importantly, coaching compels you to take action.
I partner with a range of clients in the private sector, universities, public sector, and non-profits, from executives and emerging leaders, to management professionals and entrepreneurs. My clients are those who are:
- growing their leadership to new levels
- actively seeking transformation
- wanting to demonstrate strong communication
- embarking upon or looking for significant change
- open to looking at things outside the box
- looking to find and manage time effectively
- negotiating career transition
- seeking balance
- searching for ways to create and share the vision
Coaching sessions are held at regular intervals over a three to six month term. Most coaching is done over the phone, Skype, or Facetime, but can also be arranged for in-person visits where feasible.
How many of these can you identify with?
- I know I'm a good leader, but I want to be the type of leader that inspires amazing things.
- I feel stuck and I want change in my life, but I don't know what I want (or it’s too risky).
- I am good at creating the plan, but I don’t always follow through.
- How did I ever manage to get THIS busy?
- It’s overwhelming to even think about where to start.
- My organization is facing major change and my team is not going to react well
- A successful start-up requires my all and I’m stretched to the limit – things are slipping.
- The best way to make sure something is done correctly is to do it myself.
- Work/life balance? What’s that?
Give it a try. Contact me for a complimentary 30-minute coaching session.